April 29, 2009

Lauren read a Newsweek? What!?

The other week when I was waiting in line at the grocery store I saw the cover story on Newsweek and was moved to buy it... annnnnnd I actually read it! (Note: As I write this I'm watching the 5 o'clock news! What's gotten into me... this sudden care about what's going on in the world!...(Oh No! The swine flu!)) College is a time to soak in things around you, to become more aware of the world you're about to enter, and yet a majority of college students including myself, get wrapped up in their busy schedules and the complications in their own lives. We become oblivious to the greater things going on in the world. I hereby vow to make a better effort to stay current with issues in the news. Although I hardly watch T.V., just sitting for about 30-40 minutes throughout my day to read the articles of this Newsweek took hardly any effort and I broadened my perspective on Epilepsy awareness, Obama and gun control and policies in Guantanamo Bay, it's a great alternative to watching the news. Maybe I'll start reading the newspaper now!! (At least skim it!) Having my homepage set to MSNBC is only beneficial if I take a moment to read it instead of immediately and compulsively clicking on my email page bookmark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment