April 29, 2009

Bye Bye Idea Blog

So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen (haha my spelling attempts at this before looking it up are pretty entertaining),
Goodbyyyyyyyyyyyye Idea Blog!
This blog is coming to an end!!

It has been a great tool for forced reflection and a good medium for expression!! While it's initial purpose was for my Introduction to Creativity class in advertising, I have molded it to become my own. Some of the things I've posted may seem really sappy to some people, but I find when I express things in typing (a way of expression that is more slow and methodic) I am able to dig down deeper into my thoughts. I'm sure you'll realize (or have already realized) that in the deeper discussion of ideas, I can't help but let my Christian worldview shape my opinions. I take no shame in this. If I'm really expressing how I feel about something, there's no way I can hide my spirituality. It IS who I am. So while an older version of myself may have been afriad of offending people, or turning people off by exposing my Chrisitian nature, the present-day me says "take it or leave it", "support it or refute it". I am thankful that I'm becoming more and more true to myself. I'm accepting and finding my identity. And I feel like this Blog has had an important role in that growth.

1 comment:

  1. i dont know if you'll ever read this blog again but i totally agree with you! there's something so illuminating about blogging. sometimes i read my thoughts later and am amazed that it was me that wrote it! it seems to clear and so myself that i guess it's shocking. and i love that this helped you find your identity in Christ!

    i'm learning this too lately! im finally becoming myself as a Christian in the world and saying "take it or leave it". Im finally finding myself! it's exciting. anyway, i thought i'd leave these thoughts.

    and i love your post about amelie. i think about those things all the time! i'm always trying to narrow down my own idiosyncrasies.

    ReplyDelete