September 4, 2009

This is a dream come true


I'M IN PARIS! 

I - AM - LIVING - IN -PARIS!! 
I'm in such disbelief that I am living in one of the most amazing cities in the world. I've let a whole week of experiences pass by before my first blog entry but now I'm forcing myself to sit down and get this thing rolling! The picture above is from the beautiful gardens of the Compiègne Chateau where Napoleon the 1st and 3rd would spend about a month out the the year during the opening of hunting season. When the group arrived in France we all hopped on a bus to this serene city of Compiègne (just 45min north of Paris) and stayed there for two nights while we acclimated to the time change and refreshed our language skills a little bit. We visited many sites there that covered many parts of France's history from roman times to WWII. FRANCE IS SO RICH WITH HISTORY! Their roots go deep. Our trip director is a sweet smiley french woman named Isabelle, who is extremely intelligent! She is like our own personal tour 
guide and I've loved soaking up all the knowledge she's shared with us so far this week. I am sooooo excited for all that I'm going to learn this semester. There is so much to be found in this country and in its people. 

4 comments:

  1. So great to read about your start in Paris. Lily and I read this post together and she says hello to Miss Lauren. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! I want to know about your host family!

    ReplyDelete