September 21, 2009

À la piscine française!

Last thursday I took an adventure to the Clichy (the neighborhood where I'm living, just outside the paris city limit) public swimming pool! It felt great to stretch out my muscles and work out my joints in the water again. I went around noon on a thursday. You'd think I'd have the place to myself right? NOT! It was so crowded! The french must be little fishies, like myself, because 1) it was very crowded in the middle of the day, and 2) there are secret, (actually not so secret to the parisians...obviously they live here) municipal pools in each small neighborhood! (...that means over 20 pools) Who would have thought they're'd be so many indoor pools in such a city! It was a cool cultural experience for me to observe. Having to navigate through the new locker-room/pre-shower maze to actually get into the pool area, and then having to figure out the rotation system they use to dodge around everyone else in the water gave me a cool look into this authentic, french leisure activity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment