September 21, 2009

Jazzy yeah.



Also last thursday, Noelle and I went to a Jazz club to see a musician of whom she is a fan- Mark Turner. There's a big jazz scene here in Paris! I'm not sure of the history behind why it became so popular here, but I'm thinking about looking into it. The venue we went to was a small bar with as many seats stuffed in there as possible. Noelle and I were in the first row because we got there early, so it was practically like we were on stage with the musicians. The way these guys connected with each-other while playing was really cool. I love watching musicians become entranced by their playing. They look a little ridiculous, the bass player constantly mumbling "bah. Bahbah. datdatdat. bahdat." and at one point, the drummer practically embraced the his entire symbol while playing it with his hands and the saxophonist did these funny little squats while he jammed. The music its self is not really of my taste, (I like things more like Louis Armstrong, but this was way more avant-garde) but the intimacy of the atmosphere was an exciting and interesting sensory experience. 

2 comments: