April 26, 2009

I'S A TRI ATHLETE hey-mama

On Sunday morning, bright and early, I completed my first sprint triathlon! (300yd swim, 11mi. bike ride and 3mi. run) I finished in 1:25:23! And I got 5th place out of 15 young women, 20-24 yrs. old. It felt great to finish. They give you a metal and announce your name at you cross the finish-line and all along the way people cheer you on and encourage you. I had a really great time. This triathlon has been a great motivator to keep me committed to working out and staying in shape. Having a goal in sight hold's one accountable to consistency. Exercising for me is a great time to think, work out stress and and it energizes me for the rest of the day. Woo-Hoo endorphins! I think I'll always have a desire to be active! Can't hold me back!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment