September 11, 2009

Noelle is SO Swing.

  (Sorry you have to turn your head sideways...) Tuesday night Noelle and I ventured to the banks of the Seine after dinner to find Parisians dancing the night away! After navigating our way out of the metro we walked along and began to hear music as we approached a big crowd of people. The banks of the seine are a popular hangout place for people of all ages at night. People bring their own wine and snacks and enjoy the beauty of the Paris city lights reflecting off the water. (Sighhhh) The first crowd was dancing to latin music so Noelle and I stood along the edge of the crowd to watch everyone shakin' their hips having a good time. Noelle is much more experienced at Ballroom dancing than I am! So as she was teaching me a few steps a man whisked her onto the dance floor. I was content just watching! As they danced, he told her that swing dancing was farther down the bank so we decided to go check that out. Right as we got to the petit crowd of swing dancers this cute old man asked me to dance. It was quite embarrassing but he wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted on twirling me around. I felt like I was clumsily tripping over myself... but it was sweet of him to try. Then he got Noelle out there and had a great time! She is so good! When other guys saw her moves they continued to ask her to dance. There were only about 4 songs left in the night after we got there. But it was great even for only 20 minutes. I really want to learn a few steps now after seeing how fun dancing can be and what a great social connection it brings between people who share a common passion for dancing. The nightly dancing on the Seine is supposedly ever night for the rest of September so hopefully we'll make it back again. I LOVE PARIS

2 comments:

  1. it takes so darn long to upload a video to blogger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I could have gone swing dancing with you! That sounds like so much fun. It sounds like you're having a great time. Are you really there for any schooling? :)

    ReplyDelete